What’s your favourite film?

February 5, 2012

So far, I’ve been using Acros 100, which I really like for street photography but the slow ISO rating meant it wasn’t practical at low-ish light. I then ventured out and bought a roll of Ilford HP5+ (see picture below), a roll of Delta 3200 (yet to use it) and some colour film (more on that, when I get it developed). So, for those who shoot film, what’s your favourite film? I’m open to all suggestions, black and white and colour. Leave your suggestions in the comments box below. (Click on picture to enlarge)

80mm, Ilford HP5+ at ISO400 (Rolleiflex 2.8F)

There are 7 comments in this article:

1. February 6, 2012Stuart Grout says:

Everyone has their own favourites and I have to admit that mine change depending on what mood I’m in.

My most consistent choices (the ones I keep coming back to).

B&W
    Rollei Retro 400s. Gives a nice range of tones. Maybe a bit of an old fashioned look.
    Shanghai GP3. Similar to the Retro.
    Ilford XP2 (C41 chemistry) has a great exposure range.

Colour
    Kodak Portra 160 & 400. Some really nice colours. Wasn’t happy with a roll of 800 I shot but may try it again this winter.
    Fuji Velvia 50. (E6 chemistry) Loved the colours for landscapes.

2. February 6, 2012Mike C says:

I like HP5+, but I haven’t experimented much so can’t comment on other films really.

I normally stick to 400 for speed but have just got some Delta 100 to play around with.

3. February 6, 2012Christakis says:

Hey, cheers for our input guys. I quite liked HP5+ too Mike seems to work well for general Manchester-rubbish-light. Stuart, I gotta give the Rollei film a go. I’ve been meaning to for a while but never got round to it.

4. February 10, 2012meredith says:

delta 3200 is an absolute dream.

5. February 10, 2012Christakis says:

Cheers, quite looking forward to developing it when the roll is out.

6. February 20, 2012Jennifer (@Jenndo) says:

Kodak Portra :)

7. February 20, 2012Christakis says:

I gotta say my experience with Porta was an awesome one. Simply stunning film.

Write a comment: